- Purchase and Sale of Business
- Venture Capital and Private Equity Investments
- Business Formation and Capital Development
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Partnership Dispute Resolution
- Business Succession and Buy-Sell Agreements
- Corporate Counsel for Small to Mid-Sized Businesses
- Risk Management, Compliance, E-Discovery and Intellectual Property
- Commercial Real Estate: Buying, Selling and Financing
- Commercial Real Estate: Leasing
- Wills, Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Probate Administration
- Litigation Practice
New Jersey Office
Steinbach & Associates, P.C.
One University Plaza
Hackensack, NJ 07601-6204
Tel.: (201) 525-1990
Business Succession Lawyers
Knowledgeable Attorneys for Buy/Sell Agreements
If you’ve worked hard to grow or maintain a business, it is essential to have a clear plan for what will happen when your relationship with the business changes (e.g., death, disability, retirement, etc.). Business succession planning involves the intersection of corporate and estate law, often blending commercial and personal concerns in a manner that calls for highly experienced legal counsel.
As attorneys who focus on business and estate law — and who bring a solid understanding of human dynamics to the table — we offer deep capabilities in engineering business succession and buy/sell agreements. With real world needs and critical legal challenges covered, you can worry less.
Because of our expertise in matters of business succession, various bar association groups have asked us to lecture in this area. Contact us to learn more.
Dividing Responsibilities and Passing the Torch
In working to help you protect your personal and business interests, we provide counsel and representation in the following areas:
- Business succession: We can help you plan for contingencies when a business owner dies, resigns or becomes disabled; we can help you bring the next generation into management; and we can help you position your company for sale to a third party.
- Delineation of responsibility and authority: We can assist you in dividing rights and responsibilities among your team, including the preparation of employment agreements.
- Business valuation: We can help you quantify the value of your business and develop contingencies for your retirement or death, or your partners’ retirements or deaths. In addition to our attorneys, we work closely with top-notch experts in relevant fields, such as appraisers.
- Buy/sell agreements and shareholder agreements: We can help you with agreements among shareholders/partners/LLC members, change of control agreements, and other contracts between partners or with outside parties; we can prepare airtight documents between partners that will cover all the bases.
Seasoned Business Succession Attorneys
Contact us to discuss your ownership transfer or other business matter with an experienced lawyer. We serve clients throughout New Jersey and the New York City metro region.